What is a Water Feature?
Garden water features are decorative elements that often incorporate water into the landscape. They can range from simple bubbling fountains to elaborate ponds, streams, and cascades. Water features can provide a tranquil atmosphere, attract local wildlife, add visual interest to a garden, and create a focal point in the landscape, combined with the peaceful sounds of running water.
How Garden Water Features be maintained?
- Verify the water level in your water feature on a regular basis. Keep the water level in the pond or fountain at least two inches below the top.
- Verify the cleanliness and functionality of your pump. Regularly skim off any trash or algae that has accumulated on the surface of your pond.
- Depending on how much debris builds up in your fountain or pond, you should replace the water every two to four weeks. This will assist in keeping your water feature hygienic and free of the growth of bacteria and algae.
- Inspect your water features for leaks, and fix them as necessary.
- If you're using a chemical treatment to prevent algae growth, be sure to carefully follow all instructions and check your local laws for the right way to dispose of any leftover chemicals.