For bulk orders, please add your items to the quote list from the product page and submit it to us via the shopping cart for a quick quote! You can also contact us by phone or email - click here!
What is a Greenhouse used for?
A greenhouse is a structure with walls and roof made mainly of transparent material, such as glass, in which plants requiring regulated climatic conditions are grown. Greenhouses allow for greater control over the growing environment of plants by protecting them from too much heat or cold, shielding them from dust, hail and winds, and providing the controlled levels of light and humidity needed for optimal growth.
How do you maintain a Greenhouse?
1. Monitor the Temperature: The temperature inside a greenhouse needs to be monitored and adjusted as necessary. Consider installing a thermostat and regulating the temperature accordingly.
2. Ventilate: Make sure that your greenhouse is well-ventilated, allowing fresh air to flow in and stale air to escape. This helps to maintain a healthy environment for plants and prevent diseases from spreading.
3. Water Regularly: Make sure that your plants get enough water, but don’t over water them as this can weaken their root systems. Consider installing irrigation systems or using soil moisture meters to help regulate watering schedules.
4. Control Pests & Diseases: Monitor your plants for signs of pests or disease and deal with them promptly if they occur. Use biological controls such as beneficial insects, rather than chemical methods, where possible.
5. Clean & Maintain: Regularly clean the glass panels of your greenhouse to remove any dust or dirt buildup.